Friday, August 8, 2008

San Francisco trip


I would like to say I have a lot to update on but...notso much.

I went to San Fran this past weekend through Wednesday for a business trip. Went to some fantastic restaurants, wineries, ballgame, and shopping areas. We had FANTASTIC seats at the ballpark (see photo above).
$5 wonton soup as San Sun. This was chicken & leek wontons. It was QUITE delicious. I would go back here again!
Red Blossom Tea Company on Grant Street. I read Jeni's blog (oishiieats.blogspot.com) about this tea shop...and I will be the first to admit that I scoffed at the idea that tea is such a big deal. I just thought, "what a tea snob." Then I talked to Alice. That girl is a GREAT sales person. Just look at my President & sales rep enraptured in her presentation. I told her that I remembered this shop but remembered it being so cramped and crowded. She shared with our group that she and her brother, Peter, underwent a "hostile takeover" to redo the shop into their own vision. After her sales pitch, I bought a ton of teas. She kept bringing me more and more. She actually told my group that I had a more "refined" taste in tea. Someone piped up, "you mean she's a tea snob???" Alice just smiled. They all laughed because the day before my President called me a wine snob which I strongly objected to. Bastard. Calling me names.


Anyhow, I was quite happy with my Bounty and proudly showed it off at San Sun where Alice had directed us to. Thanks, Alice!!

San Sun Restaurant
941 Stockton Street
San Francisco, CA
415.296.8228

Red Blossom Tea Company
831 Grant Street
San Francisco, CA
415.395.0868
*see Alice or her brother, Peter (a very soft spoken guy who understood my need for the super bitter tea...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails

wibiya widget