Monday, February 8, 2010

POSTCARD: Oklahoma City [Edmond, OK] - Steak & Catfish Barn

Dear Friends:

I'm excited to be writing to you from Oklahoma City [ok, not really...it is work and all].   There are so many dining options and opportunities out here [if you like a lot of fried fattening foods, otherwise you're S.O.L. for the purposes of this particular postcard.].  Take for instance, the Steak and Catfish Barn.  

When I was here last October, I made a trip up to Edmond to visit my friend, Carrie.  As I was driving around Edmond, lo and behold what do I see but this sign for a Steak and Catfish Barn.  BARN.  Where they serve both STEAKS and CATFISH.  I've been wanting to visit this place ever since [no, really.  It's all I've talked about].

My first glance into the restaurant lived up to my expectations, a little dark with linoleum floors.  I was so thrilled by this sight that I nearly bounced to my table, which was in the next room - brighter and better lit...They had all these really funny plaques around the place but I'll save that for another post.
Our server was wonderful and friendly and even helped me with my selections [even if she didn't actually bring me those selections, but she corrected right away]. I have to say, they had the best french fries I've ever eaten.  I ate half of Carrie's.  It was awesome.  

It was definitely a lot more fried food than I've ever had in one sitting.  My stomach was in turmoil after but the fried catfish was so moist, tender and perfectly fried that I'd go back and eat it again!

As a matter of fact, I even bought a t-shirt because it's just so awesome...[a catfish riding a bull...].  I've been wearing that shirt with pride.  I can't wait to go back again!!
Steak and Catfish Barn
5175 E Waterloo Rd
Edmond, OK 73034
405.341.7300

2 comments:

  1. Uh-oh. How terrible is it that neither I not my stomach have no qualms about eating fried food? Anyway, good call on the catfish, that looks so good!
    (I'm just going to ignore the brown man thing...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had to ignore that brown man comment too. actually I think i was so shocked that I couldn't move. :)

    my body has re-adjusted to the fried food movement out here in Oklahoma! :)

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails

wibiya widget