Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Waikiki Visitors Bureau

I've been feeling sick for the past few days. Head congestion...you know. Needless to say, I hadn't had the energy to want to do much of anything but I felt I needed to be at this function for Hawaii since I plan events there.

It was AWESOME. Jake Shimabukuro, the grand master of the ukelele performed along with Hapa. But back to Jake. This kid is AWESOME. He brought the noisy room to dead complete silence while he played. check him out... www.jakeshimabukuro.com

Then I had the pleasure of meeting Roy Yamaguchi of the Roy's. He made some lau lau with mango sauce that was delish!!! http://www.roysrestaurant.com/

That was before I met ALAN WONG (Pineapple Room). He's even more awesome!! He made poke over guacamole over crispy fried wonton sprinkled with micro-shiso. His level of spiciness of the poke was PERFECT. Not too hot not too mild. Here's the embarrassing part - i joked with him about giving me a bento box for the poke...and he did!! see picture below. He's awesome. I think i gave him a kiss before i left. Many, many people were yelling at me as I left with my big @$$ container of poke.
http://www.alanwongs.com/pineroom/pine_room.html

goodie bag - i got more food & candy from there PLUS an autographed copy of Jake Shimabukuro's CD. I'll give a listen to it and let you know what I think!!! :) oh yeah...also got a stickpin from Ferragamo's!!

3 comments:

  1. man, i must be becoming a snob like you, because i have been to alan wong's restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PINEAPPLE ROOM?? too rich for my blood. I got it FREEEEEEEEE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm... once again after reading yet another post about another aspect of your job, i have one question. tell me again how 'rough' your job is???

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails

wibiya widget