Monday, August 17, 2009

Tarts

Key Lime Tart with Mascarpone Mousse

I have hi-jacked my own website. This is supposed to be my travel blog and all I want to blog about is baking. I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that I haven't traveled anywhere but seriously...I'm sure I can pull a story out from one of my previous trips. Oh well. tough cookies...or tarts in this case.

Goat Cheese Mousse tart with mulberry and currants

I took another class from Gourmandise Desserts. A pies & tarts class. I love Clemence. She is just the greatest and most generous teacher I've ever had the pleasure of taking a class from. She learned all her mad skills from her family's auberge just outside of Apt, Provence. I highly recommend looking into taking one of her classes if you're interested in baking! In order to make sure that I could actually apply what I learned in class, I decided to bake up 3 different tarts for a friend's kids' birthday.


lilikoi Mousse tart with figs and mulberry

It's amazing how much you can fudge a basic recipe to suit your needs just by changing an ingredient here and there. Changed a cheese here, fruit filling there...and voila! Key Lime, Goat Cheese, and Lilikoi tarts!

My fancy pie weights that I used.


Best Pate Sablee EVER!!!

I could go on and on raving about how this is the best tasting crust I've ever had and writing out the recipe but why bother when I didn't change or add a thing on Tartelette's recipe? and let's face it, hers LOOKS better, too!!
The one change I did make is with the mousse - Lilikoi Mousse & Key Lime Mousse.

Lilikoi/Key Lime Mousse:
400 ml Heavy Cream
8 oz mascarpone
1/4 cup Lilikoi [passion fruit] pulp or the juice from key limes [yes, i squeezed each one of those little buggers!!]
1/8 cup sugar [or to taste]
combine the mascarpone with the sugar until dissolved. add the fruit juice/pulp and combine.

whip the heavy cream. add whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture gently folding it in.

fill the tarts with the mousse, add the fruits on top - please don't be cheap like me - add LOTS of fruits on the tart!!

**i got a text message from my BFF, Sao, at midnight saying she loved the tarts!! my biggest (and only) fan!**

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm, I'd like to become your taste tester... :-) I have to agree--Tartelette's recipes are divine--never any need for changes because they're perfect as written!

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails

wibiya widget