Monday, July 21, 2008

Riding on the Metro

The Metro is Paris' subway system. It is fantastically convenient - you really can get to wherever you want to go and it is relatively inexpensive. There is a downside, however - as with any form of public transportation, you have to be prepared to deal with anything.

Before we left for Paris, everything I read cautioned me about the possible evils I could encounter on the metro. I was supposed to be on the lookout for pickpockets, flashers, molesters, and various other bad people. I am happy to say that I was not mugged, flashed, molested, or harassed in any way.

I was, unfortunately, assaulted in an entirely different manner - this was an olfactory assault. The smell on the Paris metro is indescribable (in a very bad way). Use your imagination.



- guest poster, Carrie

1 comment:

  1. sadly, the only harrassment came from your co-worker

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails

wibiya widget